Juravinski Hospital in Ontario recently became a part of the Zachary’s Paws for Healing, which was launched by Donna Jenkins. As per this program, pets can visit seriously ill human beings. Donna first saw her 25 years old nephew named Zachary improving greatly from Hodgkin’s lymphoma when he had dogs around him all the while.
Jenkins said that when Zachary was sick for several weeks and was undergoing a stem cell transplant, all that he wanted to do was see his dog named Chase. Jenkins then managed to sneak in Chase to the ICU and it had an astonishing result on the health of Zachary. However, time was not with Zachary and he realized that he will not make it alive from cancer and made his aunt promise to come up with an organization.
Jenkins said that the moment patients get to see their pets, the vital signs improve drastically and it fights depression. They visits are once a week for roughly an hour and the pets are cleaned before they are brought to the hospital.
Dads are always ready to protect us from anything, whether it’s the bullies at school or the monsters under our beds.
1. “Mistakes are a great educator when one is honest enough to admit them and willing to learn from them.” – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
2. “Never let anyone disturb your composure, deter your accomplishment, or destroy your happiness.” – Anonymous
3. “You can only try your best. And if they can’t appreciate that, it’s their fault, not yours.” – Anonymous
4. “Don’t ever let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.” – 10 Things I Hate About You
5. “Do not dwell on the past. Your history cannot be erased, but your future has yet to be written, so make the most of what is going to happen instead of worrying about what you cannot change.”
6. “Begin somewhere; you cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do.” – Liz Smith
7. “Sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind but falling in love and not getting arrested.” – Hunter S. Thompson
8. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
9. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
10. “I am the only person in the world I should like to know thoroughly.” – Oscar Wilde