You might not be able to teach an old dogs new tricks, but cat owners might be able to finally teach their feline friends how to stay seated, something even their four-pawed nemesis, the playful pup can do.
Cat ladies and gents can try to trick their cats into sitting in “CatCircles,” thanks to a new trend that came from a viral Reddit post. “Trick your cat with a circle,” posted by Reddit user admancb, shows that a cat will sit in the middle of a defined circular space.
The instructions are simple: make a circle, and assuming your cat obediently chooses to sit in said circle, snap a photo of your cat sitting in the circle. Then upload the image to Imgur and submit it to Reddit.
According to the amount of successful photos, most cats sat still in the CatCircles, but of course there are always some rebels in the litter.
Cats have some strange behaviors, but why they are tricked into sitting in the circle can be added to the list of cat mysteries that include: “Why does my cat sit on my laptop?” and “Why does my cat insist on climbing on my face to wake me up in the morning?”
Rademenesa was diagnosed with an inflamed respiratory tract when he was 2 months old. He survived the ordeal and now lives at the animal shelter and keeps other sick animals company and tries to nurse them back to health.
1. Quivering butt, ready to pounce:
“Experts” say: Cats wiggle back and forth to position themselves for the perfect attack.
The truth: Cats have satellite transmitters in their butts and must periodically recalibrate to receive transmissions from their home planet.
2. Rolling back and forth on the carpet:
“Experts” say: Your cat is showing submission or inviting you to play.
The truth: Your cat ate some bad Thai food and is writhing in pain. Stop feeding it so much Pad See Ew.
A few cats in recent years have become superstars due to their angry disposition. And now, there’s a ferocious feline in town that is quickly moving up the ranks of Instagram. This one’s named Pompous Albert, and he’s coming through with a serious case of what is colloquially known as resting bitch face. Here’s what you need to know.
Meet Honey Bee, a blind cat from Fiji with a beautiful spirit and a wonderful message of hope. Once upon a time Honey Bee lived at an animal shelter called Animals Fiji, but today she happily lives with her 2 loving humans and 4 other cats all the way in Seattle. After first adopting a blind cat, her owners likely didn’t know what to expect, but turns out Honey Bee is just like any other cat with eyes. Actually, Honey Bee is arguably WAY more incredible.
First and foremost, unlike most scaredy cats this brave cat LOVES to go hiking. On BoredPanda.com her owners write, “When we go hiking, we take her on our shoulders or with a leash. People say they love dogs because you can take them hiking, but Honey Bee loves hiking, too!”
Honey Bee hanging out on her leash, ready to do some exploring.
1. Acknowldge that I am Cat – no other is above Me. Not even you. I am the Lord of thy house.
2. Thou shall have no other pets before me.
3. Thou shalt not ever ignore me.
4. My affection is mine to dole out, it cannot be forced. Don’t try.
5. The fur I shed is my gift to you, so I am with you wherever you go. It is not my fault when you choose garments that do not match my fur color.
6. Remember my food dish and keep it full.
7. I have a mind of my own. Please do not be upset if I like the packaging better than the expensive toy you just bought me, or the bag your brought it home in. Just be grateful I like something.
8. Thou shalt always have thy lap ready for me to curl up in.
9. Thou shalt shower me with love and attention upon demand.
10. Above all, thou shalt do anything and everything it takes to keep me happy.
Comments Off on A Cat’s 10 Commandments
Say hello to the danish cat, Monty
This dog was unable to gaze at his beloved cat due to some menacing potted plants, but true love won in the end.