Really digging this new post-pysch electronic artist named BREATHRRR. His new song Chantrieri is an awesome mix of psychedelic noise, heavy bass and new-wave and talks about his deep struggles with addiction.
A woman and her dog are alive today thanks to the heroic actions of three men in a boat who spotted her car sinking on a flooded street in Baton Rouge, La. The rescue was captured on video by WAFB reporter Robbie Reynold.
“Oh my God, I’m drowning,” the woman can be heard saying inside her car, its front end sinking into the water.
“We’re coming, we’re coming!” the men assured her. “We’re breaking a window!”
When the men were unable to break the window with a pole, one of them jumped out of the boat and onto the sinking car. He was able to tear through the convertible’s cloth top. As the car became almost completely submerged, he was finally able to pull the woman out.
But she wasn’t alone in her car. “My dog, get my dog!” she cried.
At first the man was unable to find the dog, and told her her pet might be gone.
“No, she better not be!” the woman said.
And sure enough, the dog popped her head out of the water, which by then was up to the hero’s shoulders. The three were able to swim to the boat.
Southeastern Louisiana has been experiencing what’s being called historic torrential rain and flooding. During just the past 24 hours, the Louisiana National Guard has rescued nearly 500 people and 61 pets.
At least three people have died — and this woman is really very fortunate not to be one of them.
To make a donation to help people displaced by the flooding, visit the American Red Cross website.
Germany’s Tropical Islands Resort is the planets’s largest indoor water park. Located on the site of a former Soviet military air base, the resort occupies a hangar built originally to house airships designed to haul long-distance cargo. The hangar, which is 360 metres long, 210 metres wide and 107 metres high and is tall enough to enclose the Statue of Liberty.
The Story Of Bretagne The Last 9/11 Rescue Dog – Caveman Circus
14 delightfully truthful illustrations that show how we behave in social networks – Linkiest
Tesla car drives owner to hospital after he suffers pulmonary embolism – Newser
Hottest female athletes in the 2016 Rio Olympics – Leenks
Cats Are Adorably Evil And These Comic Strips Nail It (16 Photos) – Radass
Charlotte McKinney Looked Hot on Her Birthday! – G-Celeb
These 27 Photos Were Taken At The Border Of Different Countries. Some Are Downright Scary – Slip Talk
Does Your Pup Get Into Trouble at the Dog Park or Beach? – Dogster
25 Signs He Loves You, Even If He Doesn’t Say It Out Loud – Quirly Cues
14 More Plastic Surgery Fails to Make You Appreciate Your Own Face – Regretful Morning
If you like sushi, you’ll love this mouthwatering burger – Rare
How to Feed Ten Billion: Lab-Made ‘Clean Meat’ Burgers are Future of Food – Sputnik
The First Teaser for Christopher Nolan’s WWII Epic ‘Dunkirk’ is Here – The Blemish
The 25 Most Decorated Summer Olympians of All-Time – Gunaxin
500 Cats Are Waiting To Be Cuddled At This Cat Sanctuary In Hawaii – Bored Panda
Hot girls with tattoos? Yes Please!! (30 Photos) – Bad Sentinel
30 Honest Brand Slogans – Classy Bro
26 Useful fun facts that your brain will surely appreciate – Bad Sentinel
Epic Fails That Have Ever Happened – Bro My God
A Damn Fine Collection Of Fascinating MUSIC Photos And Videos – Caveman Circus
These Photos Will Change The Way You Look At Strangers – Linkiest
He Just Found Out His Dog Had Terminal Cancer And What He Does About It Will Have You In Tears – Slip Talk
The Most Creative Offices In The World – Leenks
Leonardo DiCaprio Adorably Pranks Jonah Hill – Newser
Before Jim Carrey’s Ex-Girlfriend Died, She Left Him THIS Heartfelt Note – Quirly Cues
How Walking With a Harness Instead of a Collar Will Change My Dog’s Life – Dogster
Boxer’s Reaction When His Owners Pick Him Up From Doggy Day Care is Not What You’d Expect – Rant Pets
Dogs Before And After Their Haircuts – Leenks
One young man with Down syndrome got to live out his dream and become a police officer for a day – Rare
Katy Perry Bikini Photos in Italy! – G-Celeb
Adorable Flower Girl Interrupts Wedding Ceremony (Video) – Bro My God
60 to 80-Year-Old Former Playboy Models Pose for Photos in Present Day (6 Photos) – Radass
The Principles Of Life That Everyone Knows, But Only A Few Follow – Medium
30 Biggest Steals in MLB Draft History – Gunaxin
These people don’t give a damn about rules (30 Photos) – Bad Sentinel
When Bexley was just a one-year-old, she nearly died from choking on a coin. Luckily, Corporal Patrick Ray was dispatched to the scene and saved her life in time.
To mark the one-year anniversary of the incident, the 2-year-old was prompted to do something special for Ray. So, with the help of her mother, she held a tea party for the Corporal.
Huff Post reported that on July 17th, the pair sat down to a beautiful tea party at a park in Rowlett, Texas. As the photos, captured by professional photographer Chelle Cates reveal, the two had a lovely time.
1. The company pays a living wage. Costco’s CEO and president, Craig Jelinek, has publicly endorsed raising the federal minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, and he takes that to heart. The company’s starting pay is $11.50 per hour, and the average employee wage is $21 per hour, not including overtime. Most other big box retailers start their employees at minimum wage.
2. Workers get benefits. About 88 percent of Costco employees have company-sponsored health insurance, according to David Sherwood, Costco’s Director of Financial Planning and Investor Relations. “I just think people need to make a living wage with health benefits,” Jelinek told Bloomberg. “It also puts more money back into the economy and creates a healthier country. It’s really that simple.”
3. The CEO makes a reasonable salary. Costco’s CEO makes far less than most executives, with a total compensation package of about $4.83 million in 2012. In contrast, Walmart CEO Mike Duke made roughly $19.3 million during the same year. Walmart’s CEO earns as much as 796 average employees, according to CNN Money, compared to Costco’s CEO making 48 times more than the company’s median wage.
4. Costco helped its employees weather the recession. When the economic crisis hit and other retailers laid off workers, Costco’s CEO approved a $1.50-an-hour wage increase for many hourly employees, spread out over three years.
5. Costco doesn’t kill Thanksgiving. While many of its competitors are forcing employees to work on Thanksgiving Day, Costco will buck the trend and stay closed.
6. It also doesn’t waste money on expensive advertising. The company doesn’t advertise nor does it hire a public relations staff. Meanwhile, Walmart dropped $1.89 billion on ads in 2011.
7. Its prices aren’t horrendously high. Costco never marks up products by more than 15 percent, while most retailers commonly mark products up by more than 25 percent.
9. It hires from the inside. More than 70 percent of its warehouse managers began their careers working the register or the floor.
10. Costco’s employees are loyal. For employees that have worked at the company for more than one year, the annual turnover rate is below six percent, according to Sherwood. For executives, the turnover rate is less than one percent.
If you wander the streets of Kochi, India, and visit a restaurant called Pappadavada, you will see something that is both unique and beautiful outside of the dining establishment.
The owner of the restaurant, Minu Pauline, has placed a refrigerator in front of her restaurant, and she fills it every single day with food for the homeless.
Pauline realized she didn’t want to throw away unused food, so she came up with a unique and thoughtful approach to disposing of her restaurants extra food.
She leaves the refrigerator out on the curb so that no one in her community goes hungry.
The refrigerator is known as the “Tree of Goodness,” and since debuting on March 23 it has fed hundreds of hungry locals.